Thursday, October 7, 2010

Just Like A Pill - Pink


The song that I’m listening to currently is one performed by Pink and it’s called “Just like a Pill”. When I heard this song for the first time some years ago, I immediately felt that it was a pretty good song, even if I didn’t understand a word of it. The melody stroked my attention the rhythm, and needless to say, the singer. I heard it with my brother and I saw him very keen on that song. Now I understand the reason, I can understand the lyrics now, and they are related to the life he had been carried with a person for a long time. I don’t know exactly the reason why I started to listen to this song at this moment, but it makes me feel quite nostalgic and sad in a very strange way. And I love it, is kind of weird, but I love to feel sad. However, my brother is having his best time now with a person who really complements him, and I’m happy as hell.


I'm lyin' here on the floor where you left me
I think I took too much
I'm crying here, what have you done?
I thought it would be fun

I can't stay on your life support, there's a
shortage in the switch,
I can't stay on your morphine, cuz its making me itch
I said I tried to call the nurse again but shes
being a little bitch,
I think I'll get outta here, where I can

Run just as fast as I can
To the middle of nowhere
To the middle of my frustrated fears
And I swear you're just like a pill
Instead of makin' me better, you keep makin' me ill
You keep makin' me ill

I haven't moved from the spot where you left me
This must be a bad trip
All of the other pills, they were different
Maybe I should get some help. 
(...)


4 comments:

  1. What a good song, I mean, the melody and the lyrics are fantastic.
    I love Pink!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so fugging love that song! I actually have the original CD xD I bought it when I was like 15 years old XD but I still love it :P

    ReplyDelete