Friday, October 1, 2010

BBC: Cemetery Living


I chose a piece of news that related how live a group of people from Manila’s port district which is one of the most densely populated places in the world, and it is settled in Philippines. This people do not have enough space to live there, for that reason they are forced to live in the cemetery surrounded by rubbish and the most disgusting conditions. Their houses are installed above the graves and the people there do not care about the conditions which they are exposed in terms of sanity and poverty. Even they do not care about the cemetery, children are not afraid of the bones and corpses they found. They are used to live that way, is the only life they know and they do not complain about it. I chose this piece of news because I connected it with the Mapuche people; they have similar conditions in terms of territory, the only difference is that Mapuche people were forced by human beings to reduce their space, and in Manila is just a geographical location matter. If you want to know more about Manila’s situation visit:

1 comment:

  1. I got astonish with that news. I really don't see me living in those conditions, and you say that they are used to it. I just can't believe it.

    ReplyDelete