Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Educator's best Friend :)


I found out a web page called “Education World® The Educator’s Best friend”, an amazing website directed especially to teachers where they can find many information about how planning lessons, school issues, educational material, market places,  school notes and helpful websites and articles about education. I found it really interesting because this web page is quite complete in every sense; it has material to print, weekly surveys, articles and more.
One of the articles that the website recommends is about: why tests help kids learn. The article says that it’s proved that kids learn more during test-taking than during studying alone, and they cannot avoid tests because of that fact. This happens mainly due to the capacity of the brain to encode more information when they are studying to tests. Most of students think of tests as a nightmare, but they don’t realize that the more they reread the subjects the more they learn…




My favourite web site is YouTube, I visit it every day everytime. I found it years ago, when I was looking for some information for a homework and I could not stop revisiting it. It such a great page, I have an account and I uploaded a pair of videos...

2 comments:

  1. kinda what happened to me today u.u although, by reading the texts before the test didn't help at all xD
    I know the more you read, the more you lear, but you have to study in groups in order to share ideas as well. Studying alone IS a nightmare I think :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe this web page is amazing, especially for teachers who don’t realize a good class or maybe some of them just dictate. On the other hand, everybody study when there is a test. Therefore, if there are not tests, there are not learning. However, there are a lot of way to learn, and it depends on person too because some ways work for someone than other people.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete