Thursday, September 16, 2010

September 18th



I think that we died as nation from the day we kill our natives, because after that we were just a copy of another nation, Spain. Besides, sometimes people feel ashamed about being Latin American, for we are discriminated for being an undeveloped country. Native people suffered a lot, but that wasn’t the version teachers told us at schools. Natives were symbols of violence and ignorance, and they were killed about that, because they made the process of productiveness slower. I feel identify with them, because they wanted, want and will want to protect their territory and relatives as the same I want to do, even if other people will try to stop me. I’m not the kind of person who tries to stop someone’s dreams, but here in Chile that seems to be the hobby of majority. However, I must say that Chilean people could be pretty concern about people’s problem, only when an extreme situation happens, for example the earthquake and the miners. Those issues made us create a kind of union, a symbolic union in my opinion. Obviously, there are bad and good points. There are still people who are concern about others and help them whatever they want, people who you trust in, people who you feel as you are special in some way, and for that people I feel proud to be Chilean. “Chilean culture”? What’s that?  We are such a copy, for we wanted to emulate some “better” nation which in my opinion is worse than the culture we had before. Racism, discrimination, competition… those are the words we added to our dictionary the day we let them enter here to change our lives with no return.

1 comment:

  1. Yes!!!!
    Yes my lady! We are a copy!
    A really bad one. We aren't used to be.
    I'm really confused about that.

    ReplyDelete